Friday, January 30, 2009

I can't drive. As soon as I turned 18 i joined a driving school and in less than a fortnight had my learners license in my wallet. The actual test came when my dad started taking me out for driving practice in his car. Suddenly the realisation dawned upon me that it wasn't me who used to drive the institute car so smoothly...I gave up in some time..couldn't coordinate my hand and leg movements..found it terribly ardous and was completely dejected.Few years back gave it a try again but failed miserably. Probably in near future will try once more ..like the spider..try try again until you succeed.
Today while going to college i saw frustrated faces behind the wheels caught in a terrible traffic jam while i was reading 'Death of the Author' by Roland Barthes. These days i feel good about the fact that college is so far from my place. I get to read so much and somehow i have always found reading while commuting or traveling very exciting..there are no absolutely no distractions and you don't even get to change your position..its more like meditating...remember reading a conversation that swami laxman joo had with one of his disciples in which he stressed on the importance of meditation while moving....Now if if had been driving i would me missing this won't i? It might sound like making a virtue out of a necessity but then there are always two sides to a coin. As a college student have done my maximum reading in buses and trains..but then it cannot take away the fact that i can't drive and i should be doing something about it soon.

1 comment:

  1. i totally agree with you...same case here..i belive i cant coordinate vehicle logic..haaa...i am also a bus person like you for more than 15 odd years and i feel relieved that i can be spared from the external distractions and enjoy myself in reading or even thinking..........

    ReplyDelete